11.11.2008

everybody poops

we just don't usually do it in the bathtub, while our brother is in there too. what is up with poop and motherhood? i have more hands-on--unfortunately--experiences with poop than many other things in my life. today i was giving the boys a bath before noah went to preschool because luke had peed--another nemesis--through his pajamas. they had just lined up all the dinosaurs and sea creatures on the side of the tub--thank goodness, less to clean--when i turned around and saw the look on luke's face. you have all seen that look. before i could ask him if he was about to... i saw the tell tale signs floating behind him. yuk! you just have to laugh at those moments because it is too gross to actually think about what you are doing while cleaning it up and trying to keep luke from playing with it. aren't you glad i didn't add a picture to this post? please feel free to share your favorite parenting poop story so i don't feel alone... :)

8 comments:

heidi said...

I haven't had too many poop issues as of late. Fortunately, Mia has learned how gross it is...finally. My favorite with her was when she was learning to potty train. She went into the bathroom to go and shut the door on me cause she didn't want me in there. I sat on the couch and started reading. After about 5 minutes I realized she was still in there. When I walked in, she was naked, on all fours smooshing her poo into our 2-inch-tile floor. It took me 2 hours to clean. We also lovely experiences of during her nap, she would take off her clothes and poopy diaper and then throw abd smear poop all over her crib and room. We started pinning her zipper shut after the 6th or 7th time. I can't believe I didn't do that sooner!

Ah, the joys of motherhood.

heidi said...

Oh yes, I am SOOOO happy Obama won! I hope he does great things! I'm sure at the least he will help to restore our image in the world. Hip hip hooray!

Lindsay Sedlacek said...

Well, I don't have any "poop" stories of my own, but here's kind of one about Tanner. I might have sent this to you, but here you go anyway...

Jacque, Tanner, and I were watching Kelsea’s soccer game (Kari was at Nat’s). I was taking pictures and Tanner asked if he could go to the bathroom, so I said yes and continued to take pictures. Fifteen minutes later I realized that Tanner still wasn’t back. I hadn’t seen which porti-potty he went to, so I wasn’t sure where he was. I thought to myself, “Great! Kari leaves me in charge and Tanner disappears!” So I walked over to the closest one and there was an older man standing outside of it. I asked if someone was in there and he said, “Yes. I think it’s a little girl because she keeps singing.” Suspicious, I walked over to the door and said, “Tanner?” And sure enough it was him! He of course didn’t know he was “serenading” anyone while he took his afternoon-15 minute poop. It sure was funny!

kennoncrew said...

ok-so you truly know that you have had too much poop when...jackson was playing naked in his little pool in the backyard. he got "the look" and being the quick thinked that i am, i jumped up from my relaxing chair (eight months pregnant) and reached out and caught the log in my hand to keep it from polluting the pool. easier to wash my hands than the whole pool, right? i love great motherhood moments! (FYI-we have had three bathtub incidents as well, but I think that heidi's stories take the cake!)

Carwin Candids said...

Ahh poop! The joys, the sorrows, the horrors! I have many, of course, but my favorite isn't mine, thank goodness.

A lady I know was watching her grandson. She had just taken care of business, flushed the toliet and gone off to clean her daughters house, thinking...that little boy is playing so good! ha!

A while later...The grandson comes in the room covered in chocloate. Where did he get that? She appproaches and smells something different, oh no! He leads her to the bathroom which is covered-walls, cupboards, tub, floor, and toliet in her own poop! Ahhhh!

Isn't it nice to know we are not alone!

Silcox Stories said...

All I can do is offer my sympathies as that same incident has played out in our house a few times. My stories aren't anything exciting, just that we've been there and you are so right, you just have to laugh at what you're doing and wish that it was your husband not you cleaning it up!

Holly and Eric said...

Ha! Thanks for the good laugh. Sadly I don't have a poop story as good as yours though I've delt with my share of blow outs and other messes. Isn't motherhood great!

Kari said...

Oh, poop stories. Let me choose from my 10,000. One time Natalie did it in the tub with Kelsea and Kelsea picked it up in her hand and asked what it was. Imagine the laughter in that room. Poor Kelsea when she found out why we were laughing.