9.23.2008

Dunkin' Donuts



Who doesn't love a doughnut? Noah loves the chocolate cake w/chocolate frosting, Mark loves rainbow sprinkles, I always go for the chocolate bar. We have recently started letting Luke have the sweet stuff because we can't hide it from him anymore so he will eat anything. But how often can you really eat them? I could probably do a few days in a row, but after that I think even I would crave some grape nuts or roughage of some type. For some reason the doughnut market has been fascinating me for the last few years. In Southern California there were independent doughnut shops in EVERY strip mall/shopping center. I thought, "how can there be so many doughnut shops?" "Is there really that much demand?" Now we are in Boston, the Mecca for Dunkin' Donuts lovers. There are literally 13 Dunkin' Donut shops within ONE mile of our apartment. I can walk to THIRTEEN different stores. Whaaaat? Who is eating all these donuts????? It makes me want to brush my teeth even thinking about it...

11 comments:

Lindsay Sedlacek said...

Tracy, I've been thinking about you this week! I'm glad to see you're blogging now. I don't have a blog--mainly because nothing really changes in my life--but I love reading others. So keep it up! Even if it is just to post some pictures! Glad to hear things are going well in Boston. Will you post your address/phone on your blog for those of us who don't have it yet. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

It's not about the donuts, it's about the coffee!! Geez, get it straight, Racer! My favorite at DD is a medium "1 sugar, 2 creams." Love your blog- thanks for inviting me to check it out... count me in as a subscriber : ). -Nina-

Carwin Candids said...

Tracy! Yea, You are blogging! It looks great! I am impressed, we have to get our donuts at safeway, no variety. I am not a huge fan of donuts anyway, and I agress with the teeth brushing thing, ugh! Come visit us at our blog, that sometimes gets updated! Maybe I will get on the ball and remember! It is good to hear things are going well in Boston, tell everyone hello!

heidi said...

Oh yes, you're in Boston. I went on a trip there once and I TOTALLY remember all the Dunkin Donuts and remember being fascinated by all of them. Get me a maple bar. Or un pan. (I can't believe how many times I'd have to say that every night on our "pan" run before they'd understand me)

tracy said...

that made me laugh outloud heidi, thanks. :) my comp. hna. hernandez once asked for 'un pan blanco, como hna. carwin.'

kennoncrew said...

i totally ate a donut yesterday and grape-nuts today...and i feel sick today--where's the justice?

Kari said...

Nice, sister! It will be fun to look at. Kelsea has one for our family, has she sent you a link?

Silcox Stories said...

I love donuts as I am eating them, about 2 hours later, I wish I hadn't, but somehow that doesn't stop me!

--Thanks for your e-mail, I have started to respond, but alas that too was cut short with the cries of, "Mommy!".

Holly and Eric said...

Yea! Welcome back to the world of blogging, we love it. And I love donuts too. But 13 within walking distance?! That's a little crazy.

xóchitl said...

tracy, one thing about blogging is that you give out your link, someone puts it on their blog (carwins) and then it suddenly becomes a small world. especially in mormondom.
but i'm so glad. mark would send out an occasional email with pictures, but now i can get updates more often, right (hint, hint).
hope all is well with the bostonians.

xóchitl said...

oh, and i love donuts. but not that much. instead, it's occassional fling i have.